Are you ready for a one of a kind, custom painting? Something meaningful, personal and created especially for you?
- Imagine choosing your favorite landscape, a place that holds your hearts’ most meaningful memories, and turning that into your own work of art.
- Imagine gifting someone special with an everlasting and distinct gift that commemorates a milestone occasion.
- Imagine hosting an unveiling party where your new painting will be revealed and shared.
I enjoy creating art with special meaning and connection for my collectors.
I only accept two commissions each quarter due to schedule constraints and other commitments.
If you are interested in a commission, please schedule a call to discuss your project.
I know you’ll be thrilled with the outcome!
What types of custom paintings do you do?
Through my years as an illustrator and children’s book artist, I’ve painted a wide variety of subjects. I especially love painting landscapes, but I also paint portraits (including pet portraits).
I’m interested, what do I need to do next?
1. First, it’s easy to connect. Just submit your info on the no-obligation commission form.
2. Next, we’ll schedule an introductory call to discuss your ideas.
3. Then, when you’re ready to move forward, you’ll put down a deposit and we’ll get started!
What happens after that?
For a personal landscape painting, you have a couple of options. It’s often possible to use your reference photos or I can take them myself (depending on the location and my availability).
For figure & portrait paintings, I first like to meet the subject(s) so I can accurately capture personality and unique characteristics. In either my studio or your location, I’ll take a variety of photos. If distance is a challenge, you can provide photographs.
From the reference photos, I’ll develop composition options and present you with a recommendation for the final painting. Once the details are agreed, I’ll begin the final painting in my studio.
How long does a commission take?
The timing varies for each painting. If you have a specific event and date that you’d like a painting for, I’ll do my best to accommodate your needs. Contact me and we can discuss.
How much does a custom painting cost?
Commissions are more expensive than buying a painting that’s already available. But a bespoke painting has several advantages.
- You’ll receive a painting customized specifically for you, and you’ll get to personally be a part of my creative process.
- If you’d like, you’re welcome to visit my studio and stay in our guest cabin so we can we work out the details together. We can also meet at your location or speak over the phone.
- In addition to the painting, you’ll also receive a unique video storybook, chronicling the painting process from beginning to the final art.
The final price will vary based on the complexity, size, or specific materials. As an example, here are a few starting price estimates:
|10” x 8”||$750–$850||$1,000–$1,200|
|24” x 18”||$1,800–$2,000||$2,800–$3,800|
|40” x 30”||$4,200–$4,700||$6,300–$7,400|
*size will be specific to your needs
A deposit of 50% of the total price is required to secure your booking before I begin your painting. The final 50% is due upon completion.
Other questions? Feel free to ask.
Schedule a call
Thank you! I’ll be in touch to schedule our call.